This position performs any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain hotel common areas, ballrooms, conference rooms and/or sleeping rooms in a clean and orderly manner. Duties may include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms, halls, common areas and vacuuming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries linen, towel, toilet items and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, ballrooms, meeting rooms and other assigned areas so that health standards are met.
- Empties wastebaskets, empties and cleans ashtrays, and transports other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies and bathroom items.
- Keeps storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean and tidy.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and equipment.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and/or polishes floors, using brooms, mops, and/or shampooers.
- Washes windows, walls, ceilings and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Hangs draperies and dusts window blinds.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Experience in housekeeping preferably with cleaning rooms in a hotel/resort typesetting preferred.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time