Players Club Supervisor
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the players club representatives as well as overseeing all patron activities dealing with player development membership by maintaining excellent internal and external customer service by completing the following task personally or through subordinate staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible to meet, greet and welcome patrons upon entry into the casino and provide excellent customer service both personally and through assigned staff.
- Provides complimentary items for patrons and assists players club manager with CIP arrangements.
- Coordinates activities of players club on assigned shift and prepares schedules for staff, ensuring proper staff coverage based on a 24 hour schedule per the players club manager's guidance.
- Provides staff with regular updates regarding enterprise promotions, events, police and procedures and news.
- Communicates effectively with upper level management as well as subordinates concerning customer response and fluidity within the department.
- Completes casino paperwork dealing with ticket redemptions, number and output of Club cards, etc.
- Reviews staff paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Creates and maintains accurate reports both daily and monthly for manager.
- Recruits new patrons to join Players Club, which entails both floor and booth coverage.
- Responsible for overall enrollment processes and assignments dealing with day to day tracking, groups and promotional efforts.
- Provides input for improvements dealing with motivation, morale, and internal concerns within the department.
- Solves customer disputes in a professional manner to enterprise guidelines.
- Ability to provide necessary updates in the player development system for patrons and managers.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple players club representatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED and two(2) years customer relations/services background and/or two(2) years prior supervisory experience.
- Prior industry experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully communicate and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills.
- Must possess an outgoing attitude and enjoy working closely with the general public.
- Ability to train and develop employees as well as encourage recognition with staff.
- Ability to solve problems and comply with all department policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle groups, oversee special recognition to patrons during play while in casino as well adjust information for customers.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of patrons, employees and fellow staff members.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and through understanding of the Enterprise Policies and Procedure's, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities, such as the following; National Indian Gaming Commission(NIGC), Minimum Internal Controls Standard (MICS), Gila River Gaming COmmission-Rule9-Accounting and Internal Controls,-Rule 2-Governing Licensee Compliance and Enforcement, U.S. Treasury Bank Secrecy Act & U.A. Patriot Act of 2001 (with regard to Title 31 and suspicious activity reports pertaining to Casino activity), State Gaming Compact Between Gila River Indian Community/State of Arizona, Gila River Indian Community-Tribal Gaming Ordinance, GRGE gaming internal controls standards which includes Enterprise and Departmental policies and procedures.
Hiring preference: is given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member, Other Native Americans, spouse or an adult child of a Gila River Member, other qualified candidates.