Maintenance Mechanic III
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe casino environment for guests and employees by personally performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements all projects and assignments as directed by the maintenance supervisor.
- Makes regular tours of all work and public areas, addressing maintenance issues and/or reporting findings to the maintenance supervisor.
- Makes repairs to water closets, urinals, faucets and other plumbing fixtures.
- Changes lamps and fluorescent light tubes on light fixtures.
- Assists other skilled trades specialists during large projects in areas such as plumbing, painting, and building repairs.
- Repairs electrical receptacles switches and lighting ballasts.
- Change HVAC system filters and performs maintenance on exhaust fans as required.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position requires a five year Motor Vehicle Report report to be submitted at the time of interview.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred with at least six months mechanical and/or building maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of plumbing fixture repair methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and various types of lighting fixtures.
- Knowledge of various aspects of maintenance service.
- Experience in working with hand tools, power tools, and electrical testing equipment.
- Must possess a valid AZ drivers license with clean driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $16.27/hour
Job Status: Full Time