This position is responsible for properly maintaining the outside irrigation and watering systems on casino properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and repairs all leaks in all outside irrigation and watering systems in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all landscaping is properly irrigated to ensure proper plant health and growth.
- Services and maintains all timers, values and irrigation piping, taking timely action to repair and correct problems.
- Maintains enterprise ground and ensures the safety of patrons and employees by blocking or eliminating slippery surfaces due to water leaks.
- Ensures that entrances and areas surrounding the casino are clean and presentable.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Motor Vehicle Report will be required at the time of interview.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED is desired with at least six months landscape maintenance or irrigation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid AZ drivers license with a clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Must be able to work outside which is located in the desert southwest, in various weather conditions including warm to hot and mild to cold weather, with occasional wind and rain.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment. Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $16.21/hour
Job Status: Full Time