Landscape Technician *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $16.21-$23.07 per hour
This position is responsible for properly maintaining the outside irrigation and watering systems on casino properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and repairs all leaks in all outside irrigation and watering systems in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all landscaping is properly irrigated to ensure proper plant health and growth.
- Services and maintains all timers, values and irrigation piping, taking timely action to repair and correct problems.
- Maintains enterprise ground and ensures the safety of patrons and employees by blocking or eliminating slippery surfaces due to water leaks.
- Ensures that entrances and areas surrounding the casino are clean and presentable.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Motor Vehicle Report will be required at the time of interview.
- High School Diploma or GED is desired with at least six months landscape maintenance or irrigation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid AZ drivers license with a clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Must be able to work outside which is located in the desert southwest, in various weather conditions including warm to hot and mild to cold weather, with occasional wind and rain.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.