Food Court Team Member (WHP)
Pay Rate: $15.00-$18.15 per hour
This position is responsible for providing excellent guest service by accurately and efficiently processing guest’s food and beverage purchases. Responsible for preparing all types of hot and cold food items in the Food Court. Assists in the preparation of all types of food items in the Food Court venues under close supervision. The team member performs duties related to the preparation of food and beverage items prepared in the Food Court outlets, under the direction of the Food Court Manager and/or Supervisor, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Greets guests and efficiently processes food and beverage orders and purchases through the Point of Sale (POS) System.
- Maintains the accountability and security of their individual cash drawer.
- Stocks and cleans workstation/venue to ensure presentable products.
- Ensures and collects appropriate guest payment for food and beverage service.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance at all times.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of food and beverage offerings to ensure all questions answered appropriate and accurately.
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in fast-paced, high volume fine dining, casual food service and/or nightclub is preferred.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or adult child of a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.