Food Court Supervisor
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for supervising the Food Court team and ensuring the team meets and exceeds guests expectations within their level of responsibility and performs the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Supervises shift coverage and coordinates breaks for team members.
- Ensure team members maintain knowledge of the menu and any specials being offered. Provides updates of any changes to the menu.
- Supervises the team in maintaining a clean and presentable work area. Ensures the venues are stocked and prepared for service at all times.
- Complies and ensures compliance with Arizona Liquor Law with regard to alcohol service.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience working in a fast paced high volume food court, restaurant, or nightclub is preferred.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point of sale cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or adult child of a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.