Director of Information Technology Security/CISO (GRIC or Internal Only)
This position is responsible to direct strategy, operations, and assist the CIO with the budget for the protection of the enterprise information assets, and fully manages that program. The scope of protection of the enterprise information assets, and fully manages that programs. The scope of responsibility will encompass communications, applications, infrastructure, and any IT related system, operations, project, or function to include revising policies and procedures which apply. This position will personally perform the following duties or through subordinate staff, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Established system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development; conducting preparedness tests.
- Conduct forensic analysis of corporate assets to provide Management, Regulatory, Human Resources, Legal, or others (as approved) with requested information to address business continuance and/or litigation needs.
- Process security questionnaires submitted by potential company partners or company clients.
- Manage continuous improvement process of security operations.
- Act as the single point of accountability across Global IT for security.
- Oversee relationship with Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs)
- Collaborate with engineering management teams to ensure proper deployment and monitoring of new security technologies and cloud enablement as the company continues to evolve that space.
- Communicate with team members at all levels concerning IT security issues and provide resolutions.
- Remediates vulnerabilities through change management.
- Plays key role in strategy/roadmap of major initiatives.
- Evaluates new technology, providing recommendations and solutions.
- Drafts requests for proposals (RFP) for new security related systems, software, hardware, applications used to enhance the security systems and back office systems used within the Enterprise.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Eight (8) years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT roles required, with at least five years in an information security role preferred.
- Experience in an IT leadership role, preferable in information security required.
- Subject matter expert in PCI, PII, HIPAA and GDPR compliance as well as ISO 27001 and NIST Security Frameworks.
- CISSP-ISSMP, CISM, CISA or similar industry certifications preferred.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license and clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter wit the ability to follow up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time