Chief Financial Officer (Internal and GRIC Members Only)
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position manages all areas of corporate finance, casino finance, and purchasing in order to ensure optimal profitability and compliance with applicable financial and gaming regulations. Responsible for developing budgets, policies, strategic goals, and regulatory compliance methodologies so that all financial functions operate in a manner correlated with all strategic objectives of the enterprise with the result of increased revenue, profit, number of guests, and guest service, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
Develops, reviews and distributes capital and operational budgets and develops, reviews and distributes monthly financial statements for the enterprise.
Monitors budgetary performance within assigned departments while implementing necessary remedial steps in response to unexpected events and ensuring budgetary compliance while meeting all enterprise objectives.
Performs analysis of, and develops and implements strategic plans for all finance-related programs, including insurance, risk management, information systems, purchasing, payroll and benefits.
Monitors and acts upon regulatory compliance activities and ensures regulatory compliance regarding internal audit findings, tax filings, general accounting procedures, and agreements.
Maintains current and thorough working knowledge of all applicable federal laws and regulations and ensures enterprise compliance with these laws and regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of the Gila River Indian Community Tribal Gaming Ordinance and ensures enterprise compliance with the requirements of the Ordinance that relate to assigned departments.
- Performs other specials projects and duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises multiple management and supervisory staff members, and influences many others at multiple levels of the enterprise. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws..
- Master's Degree in finance, accounting or related field, MBA preferred.
- CPA or CMA Certification preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the financial field with three (3) years of experience in a gaming environment and/or senior executive role.
- Must have an understanding of applicable Federal and state laws and regulations relating to ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, Pregnancy Disability Act, ADA, Mental Health Parity Act, FMLA, and short- and long-term disability. Must also have an understanding of worker's compensation and 401 (k) pension administration.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet out guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills and general interpersonal skills, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and compete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or adult child of a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.