This position is responsible for accurately redeeming and processing various cash instruments for both internal and external guests. Including conducting transactions and accounting for all cage assets, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Redeems TITO tickets, gaming chips, conducts cash advances, credit card transactions, redemption of promotional coupons and other management approved payouts.
- Accurately performs and maintains accountability of all transactions conducted with corresponding paperwork and take responsibilities of any resulting overages and/or shortages.
- Accurately counts down banks.
- Assists team members with the payout of their tips, by completing necessary paperwork, and paying accordingly.
- Maintains basic to intermediate knowledge in identifying counterfeit currency, fraudulent checks, fake identification and credit card fraud.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience as a cashier in handling large volumes of currency or other negotiable instruments preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest
Interacts with our guests
Listen actively to our guests
Appreciate our guest
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with all numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Must pass a drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment. Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $12.64/hour
Job Status: Part Time