Asian Cook 2
This position is responsible for preparing Asian food items in the dining areas in accordance with franchise specifications, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and methods for preparation.
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment by cleaning in a timely manner immediately following preparation.
- Understands food costs and performs job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes waste and improves financial performance.
- Prepares individual food items on a consistent basis with little or no variation in terms of appearance and taste as it relates to single food items.
- Maintains ability and willingness to prepare all or nearly all food items sold at venue according to recipe.
- Maintains responsibility for kitchen safety and sanitation, as well as care of kitchen equipment.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced high volume restaurant/catering facility, full service casual dining preferred.
- Must be familiar with common culinary terms and methods regarding broiling, braising, roasting, poaching, sauce preparation, and meat carving among other methods
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Interact positively with guest, Appreciate our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Greet our guest
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $14.25/hour
Depending on Experience
Job Status: Part Time