Uniform Room Supervisor
This position is responsible for the daily operation of the enterprises' uniform rooms by providing guest service to employees and vendors by ordering, issuing employee uniforms, controlling inventory, laundering and maintenance of employee uniforms by performing these tasks personally or through subordinate staff, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of all assigned staff including scheduling and work performance to ensure high productivity and utmost safety.
- Operates and oversees maintenance of the inventory system.
- Responsible for updating, maintenance, and training on the inventory system.
- Develops and revises policies and procedures for uniform rooms.
- Oversees the staff that collect, launder and maintain employee uniforms.
- Responsible for uniform inventory control and maintain a sufficient par of new uniforms.
- Ensures proper room coverage as necessary to promote excellent guest service.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple uniform room employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years uniform room operations or warehouse inventory experience required, preferably within a gaming environment.
- Must have the ability to sew and operate equipment and tools required for use in the position.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirement pertaining to warehousing safety practices.
- Knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets and requirements.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with out guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent guest service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette, and be a self- starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skills in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time