Training Supervisor (Cage & Collections)
This position is responsible for the training of all Cage/Vault/Drop Count personnel to ensure that they are fully knowledgeable about their job duties and perform those job duties exceptionally well while ensuring the safeguarding of all monetary assets while conforming with internal control policies and procedures established by the Enterprise, as well as training to and demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses and evaluates the training needs for all Cage/Vault and Drop Count Team employees. Develops a training program for all Cashiers, and Drop Count Team Members and Supervisors.
- Utilizes, evaluates and updates training materials used as a result of technology changes, etc.
- Assists in the development of new policies and ensures their understanding by staff members in response to organizational and technology changes.
- Coordinates and schedules orientation and training of employees including assembly of all training materials, while actively participating in or presenting these training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple new cashiers on a work shift basis to conduct training. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Three (3) years experience handling large volumes of currency or other negotiable instruments preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in training or facilitating professional learning preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest
Interact positively with our guest
Listen actively to our guest
Appreciate our guest
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, with all numbers, and work mathematical concepts such as numerical correlation and probability. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Must pass a drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time