Sous Chef (Internal GRGE Employees or GRIC Members only)
This position will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting the enterprises quality standards. The Sous Chef will actively and independently manage all aspect of employee relations to ensure a positive harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment within the kitchen area under the supervision of the Executive Chef, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for management of the assigned kitchen operation
- Ensures training of assigned shift kitchen staff is conducted in a timely manner. The incumbent also communicates with all shift employees to help them understand their job descriptions and company policies.
- Review all sanitation and production charts for the kitchen operation.
- Maintains fiscal controls for profit and loss purposes.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree with major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in a professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced high-volume fine dining restaurant/catering facility, full service casual dining preferred.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, ala carte, fine dining, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling required.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Interact positively with guest, Appreciate our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Greet our guest
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time