Senior Sales Manager (Internal and GRIC Members Only)
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for selling as well as supporting the Sales Team by managing the requirements of prospecting new group business, account development, revenue optimization and guest service while ensuring compliance with all enterprise policies and procedures, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Review of group business inquires and revenue optimization.
- Assists in setting prospecting goals with Corporate Director and guides Sales Team to achieve goals.
- Hires and trains new members of the Sales Team.
- Conducts performance reviews of the Sales Team to ensure success and production from each member.
- Plans and organizes Sales Travel to strategically attend industry shows to build future business.
- Reviews all group booking contracts for approval and adherence to proper guidelines.
- Ensures Resort Operations and Event Team alignment.
- Maintains a creative passion for selling and possesses superior closing skills.
- Develops and implements strategies and special promotions with the result of building awareness of GRGE meeting space, its entertainment venues, and its connected facilities and their many offerings.
- Ensures maximization of revenue, as well as optimization of margin in order to achieve and or exceed financial goals.
- Utilizes sales savvy and hospitality expertise to develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customer desires, and utilizes those skills and that knowledge to continually improve the effectiveness and financial performance of the enterprise.
- Works closely and cooperatively with other Managers, both of the hotel and of the casinos, in order to develop successful approaches to profitable revenue growth while communicating clearly and utilizing a collaborative style.
- Fully understands the mission and market position, location, rationale, and design concepts of the enterprise.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the competitive situation in terms of the marketing mix of competing hotels, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies and future hotel planning in the market area.
- Conducts outside sales calls, provides site tours and participates in the development of promotional materials.
- Attends and participates in industry, association and affiliation meetings in order to develop productive revenue sourcing relationships.
- Remains actively involved in the central Arizona business community to ensure on-going awareness of the enterprise and its group offerings.
- Maintains awareness and continually updates self-knowledge of hotel features, offerings, and competing hotels within the marketplace, whether casino affiliated or not.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in business, management, hospitality or related major preferred.
- Experience working in a hotel sales role required.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact with our guest, Listen actively to our guest and Appreciate our guest
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent guest service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.