Salary: Depending On Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for supervising the buying team to support the purchasing department in coordinating the procurement, purchasing supplies and services form various vendors for the enterprise while complying with Gila River Gaming Internal Controls, policies, procedures and State Gaming Regulations, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Plans, coordinates and controls the central purchasing activities of the enterprise.
- Interviews vendors, and purchases services and commodities on the basis of quality and price.
- Reviews requisitions for operational and capital item purchase and prepares requests for proposals covering purchases by the enterprise with the involvement of all departments of the Enterprise to ensure purchases are timely.
- Ability to perform work duties under variable and occasionally stressful work load conditions.
- Interfaces closely with the enterprise's warehouse regarding items and quantities received and/or returned.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises a small number of employees with similar responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in negotiations and buying for Food and Beverage. Must have prior F&B buying experience.
- Experience in senior level of purchasing required.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong telephone etiquette, self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.