This position is responsible for making alternations and repairs to employees' uniforms and linen and to assist with issuing, receiving and maintaining employee uniforms as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Operates sewing machine to perform maintenance and alterations to casino uniforms and linens.
- Determines correct fitting of uniform pieces for a wide range of positions and employee requirements.
- Assist with and coordinates accurate and timely alterations.
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge in inventory tracking software preferred.
- Must have ability to operate equipment and tools required for use in the position.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
INDIVIDUALS WITH FELONY CONVICTIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. This includes registered sex offenders, shoplifting and theft convictions (which have occurred within the past 5 years). This will result in your application for licensing to be denied by the GILA RIVER GAMING COMMISSION.
Hiring Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The Gila River Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
Pay: from $12.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time