This position is responsible for recruiting high quality applicants for specific departments and available positions as assigned while ensuring that available positions are filled on a timely basis so as not to negatively affect customer service within the enterprise. Undertakes all responsibilities in a manner intended to reduce employee turnover while continually improving customer service and opinions, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Processes new hire paperwork while ensuring completeness of all related data while monitoring all progress and responding to related needs with regard to new hire processes through the new hire orientation stage.
- Screens applications and coordinates appointments for interviews, including preparation of information packets for hiring managers, and recommends qualified applicants to fill vacancies for various assigned departments.
- Communicates with hiring managers and applicants for purposes of coordination of all related employment activities.
- Posts open positions on job boards.
- Assists Recruitment Manager in coordinating job fairs, including participation in such job fairs.
- Undertakes successful steps to increase the number of tribal members employed at casino locations.
- Participates in new employee orientation and schedules Tribal Gaming Office orientations for new employees.
- Arranges pre-employment drug screening for all applicants while ensuring a thorough understanding of this process by all applicants and hiring managers.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position requires a five (5) year motor vehicle report to be submitted at the time of interview.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Recruitment, human resources, or guest service facing role required. Prefer previous recruitment or onboarding experience.
- Must have dependable transportation, a valid AZ driver's license with a clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends upon request.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
- Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment and must agree to maintain a drug free workplace.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
The Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
Pay: from $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time