Pool Resort Associate
This position is responsible for providing exceptional guest service to our guests in the pool area while ensuring all laws and regulations with respect to the safe and responsible service of alcoholic beverages are strictly adhered to and by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Answers menu or beverage questions posed by guests.
- Maintains knowledge of the dining menu and any special items being offered.
- Observes guests and anticipates needs and completes all steps of service as assigned.
- Provides quick, attentive, friendly and professional service to casino guests while communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Maintains the accountability and security of their individual cash drawer.
- Stocks and cleans workstation/venue to ensure presentable products.
- Ensures and collects appropriate guest payment for food and beverage service.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance at all times.
- Maintains compliance with all Arizona State Liquor Laws Title 4, and Gila River Indian Community Alcohol Beverage Ordinances.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in fast-paced, high volume fine dining, casual food service and/or nightclub is preferred.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale cash credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- In-depth wine and alcohol knowledge preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Interact positively with guest, Appreciate our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Greet our guest
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time