Pay Range: $15.00 - $18.15 per hour
This position is responsible for providing support to the Pastry Chef while preparing quality pastry items, such as breakfast items, desserts, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, display/centerpieces and special request items, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Follow standardized recipes required for preparation of all products
- Operate large volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep fat fryers or griddles.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Oversee sanitation of kitchens throughout and at the end of shifts.
- Follows directions given by the Pastry Chef
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in wide range of pastry and bakery items required.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or an adult child of a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.