Salary: Depending On Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for ensuring that enterprise properties are maintained in a clean and safe manner for guests and employees by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Develops schedules and assigns duties to ensure the timely and efficient completion of work orders.
- Makes regular tours of all work and public areas, inspecting and addressing maintenance issues and assigning work to maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that repairs to water closets, urinals, faucets and other plumbing fixtures are performed correctly and efficiently.
- Requests, reviews and purchases maintenance supplies as necessary.
- Ensures that lamps and fluorescent light tubes are replaced as needed.
- Ensures that electrical receptacles, switches, and lighting ballasts are repaired as needed.
- Oversees the timely installation of HVAC system filters and ensures maintenance on exhaust fans as required.
- Provides timely and responsive supervision to Maintenance Mechanics while correcting/coaching/training them as needed.
- Ensures the timely repair of furniture, doors, windows, cabinets, and the cleaning of vents as needed.
- Responsible to ensure the upkeep, refurbishment and maintenance of all building systems including the execution of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensures compliance with all safety standards and codes.
- Assist in the operation of any emergency (fire and/or bomb) plan.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years’ experience in maintenance operations required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in a technical skill area.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is a follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, and Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.