Maintenance Mechanic I
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe casino environment for guests and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements all projects and assignments as directed by the maintenance supervisor.
- Makes repairs to water closets, urinals, faucets and other plumbing fixtures.
- Changes lamps and fluorescent light tubes on light fixtures.
- Repairs electrical receptacles, switches, and light ballasts.
- Changes HVAC system filters and performs maintenance on exhaust fans as required.
- Repairs furniture, doors, windows, cabinets, and assist with the cleaning of vents.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED and at least six months maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of plumbing fixture repair methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and various types of lighting fixtures.
- Knowledge of various aspects of maintenance service.
Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment. Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $10.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time