Housekeeper (Grave Shift)
Pay Range: $15.00 - $18.15 per hour
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and professional environment within the casino facilities to benefit of all guests by personally performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Ensures that all gaming machines and surrounding areas are clean, shiny and presentable by dusting and wiping down all equipment, removing trash and cigarette butts and cleaning chairs.
- Sweeps and vacuums all flooring and carpeting on both a scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Cleans stains and spills on flooring and carpeting when they occur.
- Empties trash cans and ash trays on both a scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Cleans and restocks restrooms on both a scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Engages guests in a professional guest service manner.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or adult child of a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.