Hotel Rooms Supervisor
This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision and training of hotel room attendant staff to ensure that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign room duties to staff at the beginning of shifts.
- Ensures that employees are performing their work duties and takes appropriate action to train, coach, counsel and assist employees as necessary.
- Communicates with executive housekeeper to ensure that hotel issues are addressed on a daily basis.
- Posts room occupancy reports and change room status daily.
- Examines carpets, drapes, beds, linen, terry, room amenities and furniture for stains, damage, or wear and takes appropriate action to correct.
- Responsible for supply and linen inventory to ensure that all workers have the necessary materials to properly perform their job duties.
- Records inspection results and notifies rooms and house attendants of challenge areas in rooms, public space, hallways and elevator landing areas.
- Abides by regulations of the material safety data sheets when using chemicals.
- Actively participates in the department's training program (i.e. blood pathogens, chemical safety etc.)
- Fields and resolves all front desk staff challenges during shift.
- Takes the initiative the greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple room attendants. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, directing work; rewarding, coaching, counseling, employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in housekeeping with cleaning rooms in a hotel/resort type setting required.
- Supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent guest service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette, and be a self- starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skills in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time