Help Desk Technician I
This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to system users, by performing the following duties as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies troubleshooting, password resets, minor desktop, printing or phone issues.
- Logs and tracks calls using IT ticketing system, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Installs, configures and supports server and client workstations.
- Trains users on software and hardware.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Experience and/or training in technical support required.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license and clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter wit the ability to follow up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $20.18/hour
Job Status: Full Time