Guest Service Agent (Grave Shift)
Pay Range: $15.00 - $17.09 per hour
This position serves as the most critical point of contact for our hotel guests during their arrivals and departures from the hotel, primarily by performing check-in and check-out at and near the hotel entrance and guest reception areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and unsurpassed level of pleasant service to all guests during each interaction through a consistently energized, positive and optimistic behavioral style.
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival with a friendly and sincere welcome while utilizing a positive and clear speaking voice, listens to and understands requests, and responds with answers meeting the reasonable needs and desires of guests.
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Makes appropriate selection of room(s) based on guest reservation information and desired room rates(s).
- Provides welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verifies and imprints credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handles cash, makes change, and balances an assigned house bank while accurately maintaining and accounting for all cash, check and credit transactions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or one (1) year of guest facing and interaction experience, preferably in a hotel setting or hospitality related business environment.
- Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or adult child of a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.