George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen Associate
This position is responsible for providing excellent guest service by accurately and efficiently processing guest’s food and beverage purchases. Responsible for preparing all types of hot and cold food items in Chingon Kitchen. Assists in the preparation of all types of food items in the Chingon Kitchen under close supervision. The team member performs duties related to the preparation of food and beverage items prepared in the Chingon Kitchen under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor or Chef, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Answers menu or beverage questions posed by guests.
- Maintains knowledge of the dining menu and any special items being offered.
- Observes guests and anticipates needs and completes all steps of service as assigned.
- Provides quick, attentive, friendly and professional service to casino guests while communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Maintains the accountability and security of their individual cash drawer.
- Stocks and cleans workstation/venue to ensure presentable products.
- Ensures and collects appropriate guest payment for food and beverage service.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance at all times.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of food and beverage offerings to ensure all questions answered appropriate and accurately.
CK Associate Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and methods of preparation.
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment by cleaning in a timely manner immediately following preparation.
- Prepares individual food items on a consistent basis with little or no variation in terms of appearance and taste as it relates to single food items.
- Maintains ability and willingness to prepare all food items sold by the enterprise according to recipe.
- Maintains responsibility for kitchen safety and sanitation, as well as care of kitchen equipment.
- Practices proper personal sanitary procedures.
- Responds properly to guest preferences and concerns.
- Replenishes prep line food items as necessary to ensure proper presentation and availability for guests.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in fast-paced, high volume fine dining, casual food service and/or nightclub is preferred.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale cash credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- In-depth wine and alcohol knowledge preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Interact positively with guest, Appreciate our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Greet our guest
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $13/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time