Front Desk Shift Supervisor
This position has leadership and responsibilities for the Front Desk operations and staff. Ensures all guest service agents are providing exceptional guest services and performing the primary duties of check in/out to the expected standards while actively participating in those duties. This position will serve as the main point of contact to handle guest issues and challenges during their shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival with a friendly and sincere welcome while utilizing a positive and clear speaking voice, listens to and understands requests, and responds with answers meeting the reasonable needs and desires of guests.
- Provides exceptional guest service to all guests, setting the standard for all guest service agents to follow.
- Supervises Guest Service Agents, Concierge and Bellmen during shift.
- Fields and resolves all front desk staff challenges during shift.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely completion of all front desk tasks and room logs during shift.
- Fields all initial hotel guest requests to speak to a manager at the front desk.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple guest service agents, concierge and bellmen employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of customer facing and interaction experience, preferably in a hotel setting or two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in front desk operations.
- Supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Skills in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $15.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time