Executive Sous Chef
This position provides management to all levels of the business operation within the kitchen and oversees the direction of the culinary daily activities in accordance with the Food and Beverage policies ind objectives to ensure guest satisfaction profitability and a positive, productive and compliant work environment, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Ensures budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, food inventory rotation measures, receiving and food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, kitchen security procedures and waste control.
- Controls labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen staff, cross-training and development of team members.
- Provides accurate costing on all menu items for all food areas
- Meet with suppliers to keep abreast of changes taking place in the market.
- Prepares necessary data for budgeting; projects annual food, labor, and other costs and monitors actual financial results, and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure that financial goals are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple level employees and influences many others at multiple levels of the Enterprise. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree with major concentration in food service preparation, management, nutrition or related field preferred.
- Prior experience as an Executive Chef and/or related experience in a full service restaurant or events venue required.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, ala carte, fine dining, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling required.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP), Alcohol Awareness, and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest
Interact positively with guest
Listen actively to our guest
Appreciate our guest
- Must possess excellent guest service skills and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers Microsoft Office Suite Software and Enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time