EVS Assistant Supervisor
This position is responsible to assist the Environmental Services supervisor in the day-to day supervision and training of staff to ensure a clean and visually appealing environment for enterprise guests and team members, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Acts as the Environmental Services supervisor in/his her absence.
- Prepares and publishes work schedules to ensure proper cleaning coverage throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for supply orders to ensure that all environmental service technicians have the necessary materials to properly perform their job duties.
- Performs safety and maintenance checks on all equipment to ensure that it is working properly.
- Walks the casino floor and adjoining offices to ensure that all cleaning issues have been addressed in order to maintain a clean and professional environment for guests and team members.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year of commercial cleaning experience preferred.
- One (1) year supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and skill in commercial cleaning techniques and application.
- Knowledge and comprehension of Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Knowledge of OSHA required safety practices.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guests, Interact positively with our guests, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Pay: from $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time