Director of Food & Beverage
This position plans, directs and leads the organization, management, and administration of all operational aspects of the Food & Beverage Department by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Provide leadership and support to management and direct reports within the Food and Beverage Department. Holds key position on the executive management team.
- Responsible for upholding Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. integrity and standards for quality and service; establish and ensure completion of operational priorities.
- Produce and manage annual budgets; support all food and beverage profit and operational improvement. Reviews weekly, monthly and quarterly financial statements with department managers and Corporate Vice President of Food & Beverage.
- Implement effective controls for food, beverage and labor costs among all departments.
- Achieve and exceed financial, guest service, and associate metrics goals.
- Identify and assist in resolution of operational deficiencies, deviations and variances to standards Assist with menu engineering, procurement efficiencies, sales enhancements, productivity improvement and concept reinvention.
- Ensure departments develop and implement schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve ultimate products and services with a profitable result.
- Continuously evaluates performance and encourages improvement of all food and beverage team members.
- Oversee departmental training and mentoring programs to develop well-trained team members at all levels of the operation.
- Performs other specials projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple level employees and influences many others at multiple levels of the Enterprise. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree with major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition related field preferred.
- Prior experience in a full service restaurant, multi-outlet or events venue required.
- Must have excellent people management skills, the ability to manage multiple venues.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP), Alcohol Awareness, and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest
Interact positively with guest
Listen actively to our guest
Appreciate our guest
- Must possess excellent guest service skills and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision
- Proficient in the use of personal computers Microsoft Office Suite Software and Enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time