Corporate Executive Chef
This position is responsible for overseeing all kitchen operations, including but not limited to banquets, restaurants, lounges, bars, and outside caterings, budgeting, and ordering. The Executive Chef supervises the staff of the kitchen, participates in the training and development of staff, and provides input for performance appraisals and disciplinary action. This position also manages the kitchen in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervises staff. Develops and monitors food and labor budget for the Enterprise. Maintains highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the Enterprise.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen team members to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct, and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation by implementing training to increase knowledge of safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparations and presentations which help to assure consistently high quality while controlling food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for budgeting; projects annual food, labor, and other costs and monitors actual financial results, and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure that financial goals are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple level employees and influences many others at multiple levels of the Enterprise. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree with major concentration in food service preparation, management, nutrition or related field preferred.
- Prior experience as an Executive Chef and/or related experience in a full service restaurant or events venue required.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, ala carte, fine dining, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling required.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP), Alcohol Awareness, and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest
Interact positively with guest
Listen actively to our guest
Appreciate our guest
- Must possess excellent guest service skills and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers Microsoft Office Suite Software and Enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time