Converged Technologies Engineer
This position is responsible for maintaining high availability of critical servers, storage and backup processes. Responsibilities will also include documentation ofData center processes, supproting equipment, instalation na dcdecommisions, as well as working with internal teams and outside vendors to support projects. A high level of knowledge in servers, storage, networking, backups and virtualization is required, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Support mission critical Enterprise Data Center systems in a 24/7/365 environment including regular after hour and weekend support.
- Deploy equipment, cabling, and other infrastructure items as required.
- Support internal and external audit teams by providing reports on current Data Center infrastructure as well as infrastructure changes.
- Provides input for Data Center design, planning and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Disaster Recovery testing and implementation.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Three (3) years related experience or training in Data Management Systems required.
- Knowledge of Windows axd Linux operating systems. VMWare, vCenter, EMC storage and backup solutions, Cisco Unified Computer and networking knowledge required. Relevant certifications such as the VMWare VCA6-DVC, CCNA-DC, and EMCISA are a plus.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license and clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter wit the ability to follow up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time