Pay Range: $15.00 - $19.48 per hour
This position is responsible for accurately redeeming and processing various cash instruments for both internal and external guests. Including conducting transactions and accounting for all cage assets, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Verifies funds as required while in assigned duty.
- Able to perform duties as required for each position.
- Assist guests with transaction disputes.
- Complies with enterprise and departmental policies and procedures, protocols including strict key control, safety regulations, uniform requirement, cash and/or coin handling and other operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience as a cashier in handling large volumes of currency or other negotiable instruments preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with all numbers.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or adult child of a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.