This position is responsible for supervising the buying team to support the purchasing department in coordinating the procurement, purchasing supplies and services form various vendors for the enterprise while complying with Gila River Gaming Internal Controls, policies, procedures and State Gaming Regulations, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Plans, coordinates and controls the central purchasing activities of the enterprise.
- Interviews vendors, and purchases services and commodities on the basis of quality and price.
- Reviews requisitions for operational and capital item purchase and prepares requests for proposals covering purchases by the enterprise with the involvement of all departments of the Enterprise to ensure purchases are timely.
- Ability to perform work duties under variable and occasionally stressful work load conditions.
- Interfaces closely with the enterprise's warehouse regarding items and quantities received and/or returned.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises a small number of employees with similar responsibilities.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in senior level of purchasing required.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong telephone etiquette, self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in the use of 10-key calculator by touch, personal computers, Microsoft Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time