Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for processing requisitions and purchase orders, and many related activities, for purposes of enabling the enterprise to acquire goods and services necessary for business success, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of goods and services beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Responsible for identifying and procuring the goods and services for the Enterprise.
- Identify external material or service needs of the Enterprise, find service providers who can supply these goods or services, negotiate for pricing and arrange for the purchase of good and services.
- Negotiate directly with suppliers to get the best possible pricing and payment terms. Bid, award, and administer project supply, service contractors and purchase orders to suppliers. Negotiation of goods or contract into the $1M range.
- Works directly with all departments regarding compliance with Arizona State Gaming Regulations and Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for enforcing compliance with Casino internal control policies and procedures, and confidentiality of Casino operations data as they pertain to this position's area of responsibility.
- Process information on a timely basis so as to meet the deadlines set forth by the Senior Buyer.
- Ability to perform work duties under variable and occasionally stressful work load conditions.
- Interfaces closely with the enterprise's warehouse regarding items and quantities received and/or returned.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented, inquisitive nature and the desire to solve problems with analytical thinking.
- Deep understanding and professional experience with purchasing procedures and laws.
- Good organizational skills and experience with working as part of a team.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong telephone etiquette, self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Hiring Preference: Given in this order; first, to a qualified Gila River Indian Community Member; other Native Americans; spouse or an adult child to a Gila River Member; other qualified candidate.