Accounts Payable Technician
This position performs accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices while ensuring that all necessary documentation is received and retained.
- Verifies figures and other data on invoices and enters daily incoming invoices. Runs daily reports. Compares invoices with purchase orders to make sure the correct departments received the goods or services listed on the invoices. Checks documents for errors and inform the Accounts Payable Supervisor regarding any necessary adjustments, Distributes invoices to department Director for signature approval.
- Prepares invoices for payment and posts purchase orders and invoices into the payable system for payment while ensuring correct budget coding on all payments.
- Maintains and is responsible for accuracy, completeness and consistency of financial records to ensure proper organization and storage of information.
- Performs as a liaison with vendors and department Directors to resolve any discrepancies and to correct invoices when necessary.
- With purchase order payments, ensures that the proper receiving report is attached to the invoice prior to payment of the invoice.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED and one (1) year of related experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, follow-up and compete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of patrons, employees and fellow staff members.Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to learn and perform the GILA WAY by;
Greeting all guests
Interacting positively with our guests
Listening effectively to our guests and their needs
Appreciating our guests and their patronage
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/license prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
INDIVIDUALS WITH FELONY CONVICTIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. This includes registered sex offenders, shoplifting and theft convictions (which have occurred within the past 5 years). This will result in your application for licensing to be denied by the GILA RIVER GAMING COMMISSION.
Hiring Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The Gila River Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
Pay: from $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time