Accounts Payable Manager
This position oversees all aspects of the Accounts Payable functions and staff while ensuring timely, accurate, and error-free vendor payments, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Ensures compliance with all accounts payable aspects of the Gila River Gaming Ordinance, Corporate Finance policies and procedures, State of Arizona Gaming Compact, licensed vendor lists, Gila Rive Indian Community Tax law, and State/Federal Tax Laws.
- Ensures the timely filing of Internal Revenue Service Forms 1099 and supporting W-9 information.
- Works as a direct liaison with department directors, manager, supervisors and vendors regarding payment processes, invoices/purchase and order discrepancies.
- Creates and maintains accrual and pre-paid/deposit ledgers for monthly reporting.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees, Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws..
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree in business, management, finance, or accounting preferred. Experience in accounts payable or accounting related roles required, preferably in a casino/gaming environment.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to multitask, be a self-starter, follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to learn and perform the GILA WAY by;
Greeting all guests
Interacting positively with our guests
Listening effectively to our guests and their needs
Appreciating our guests and their patronage
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/license prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
Computer Skills/Technical Skills:
Proficiency in the use of 10-key calculator by touch, personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
INDIVIDUALS WITH FELONY CONVICTIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. This includes registered sex offenders, shoplifting and theft convictions (which have occurred within the past 5 years). This will result in your application for licensing to be denied by the GILA RIVER GAMING COMMISSION.
Hiring Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The Gila River Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
Job Status: Full Time