This position oversees the general accounting and accounts payable functions by performing the following duties.
- Oversees and assists in the preparation of financial statements and reconciling the general ledger.
- Performs account analyses of all balance sheet accounts to ensure all accounts are accurately supported by subsidiary ledgers and detail.
- Reviews and prepares bank reconciliation of the Employee Benefit Trust account and reviews all other corporate bank accounts to the general ledger.
- Reconciles daily ATM transactions.
- Ensures that all governmental and tribal payments occur according to applicable regulations and schedules.
- Participates in monthly financial statement meetings with the Assistant Controller.
- Assists with financial system modification, enhancement, and implementation training. Performs special analyses upon request by management.
- Assists in review and development of Corporate Finance Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures that all financial records are properly safeguarded.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required.
- Five (5) years management experience in accounting, preferably in a casino/gaming environment OR five (5) years of increasingly responsible management experience in accounting related roles.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong telephone etiquette and be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of employees and fellow staff members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473). The Gila River Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
INDIVIDUALS WITH FELONY CONVICTIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
In the Entertainment Industry, one may be subject to a work environment containing excessive noise, smoke, and stress.
Job Status: Full Time