This position is responsible for the protection of the enterprise, its assets, employees and guests. It is a state level certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) position that provides medical assessment and treatment at the basic life support level to guests and employees who request or are in need of assistance under direction of the Security Supervisor or Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and performs identification checks of all individuals who appear to be under the age of 21.
- Maintains a visible presence at all assigned posts to assist guest, while safeguarding the property, its assets, employees and guests.
- Performs escorts of guests, employees and vendors upon request.
- Assists all guest who may appear to be intoxicated to ensure that they exit the enterprise in a safe manner for themselves, other guests and employees, making appropriate arrangements for their safe travel.
- Provides emergency medical treatment to employees and guests who are injured or taken ill while on the casino grounds by performing initial and ongoing patient assessment techniques while determining patient history and assessing patient response to determine necessary interventions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Prior security experience preferred.
- Must have a current AZ State EMT Basic and CPR certifications and two or more years of experience as an Emergency Medical Technician preferred.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete an EMT refresher course, as required for state approval.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
We Value Diversity!