This position is responsible for making alternations and repairs to employees' uniforms and linen and to assist with issuing, receiving and maintaining employee uniforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experience to both internal and external guests.
- Operates sewing machine to perform maintenance and alterations to casino uniforms and linens.
- Determines correct fitting of uniform pieces for a wide range of positions and employee requirements.
- Assists with and coordinates accurate and timely alterations.
- Maintain inventory levels by accurately tagging and tracking uniforms that are issued and received.
- Order materials based on inventory levels that are needed to alter and repair uniforms and linen.
- Communicate concerns and requirements of inventory, maintenance and alterations to supervisor.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences or lateness
- Performs other special projects and duties as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Alterations/tailoring experience required.
- Knowledge in inventory tracking software preferred.
- Must have ability to operate equipment and tools required for use in the position.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Possess strong attention to detail and excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
INDIVIDUALS WITH FELONY CONVICTIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. This includes registered sex offenders, shoplifting and theft convictions (which have occurred within the past 5 years). This will result in your application for licensing to be denied by the GILA RIVER GAMING COMMISSION.
Hiring Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The Gila River Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
We Value Diversity!