This posting has expired and is no longer available.
This position manages operations and activities of the regulatory functions ensuring compliance throughout the Enterprise with all State, Federal, Tribal and Internal regulations, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties nd Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Monitors organization's compliance with applicable Tribal, State and Federal gaming laws and regulations by following up with external/internal audits.
- Works with Regulatory Compliance Administrator to ensure all audit exceptions have been completed by the departments and to provide additional training when necessary.
- Monitor and test compliance with Federal, State and Tribal regulations, policy and procedures administered within the Enterprise through use of Notice of Non-Compliance.
- Works with Regulatory Compliance Administrator to ensure compliance with Tribal, State and Federal regulatory reporting requirement are completed on a timely basis to the appropriate agencies.
- Evaluates regulatory training needs, and effectiveness of systems of the Enterprise, and ensures programs and procedures meet the business needs of the Enterprise.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of regulatory changes and implements when necessary within the Enterprise.
- Shares joint responsibility with the Regulatory Compliance Officer as the designated Bank Secrecy Act's Compliance Officer and will work closely with the AML Administrator(s) to support the Anti-Money Laundering Training Program.
- Responsible for Mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of regulatory compliance and/or casino operations experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical reviews and ability to interpret regulatory regulations.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guests, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.