This position supervises the day-to-day activities of the Information Technology Specialists personnel and performs evaluative and administrative duties to monitor shift operation that contributes to the satisfactory motivation and morale of assigned staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the point of contact for all departments relating to Information Technology issues.
- Responsible for assigning and following up on IT issues submitted to the department.
- Assists the Technical Support Manager with incidents and disputes relating to employees, guests, inter-department, etc.
- Responsible for proper shift change schedule to ensure efficient coverage.
- Coordinates and schedules orientation and training of Information Technology Specialists including assembly of all training materials, while actively participating in or presenting these training programs.
- Utilizes, evaluates and updates training materials used as the result of technology changes, etc.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws .
Skills / Requirements
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Four (4) years experience or training in Information Technology operations.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver’s license with clean driving record within the past five (5) years.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
The Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
We Value Diversity!