This posting has expired and is no longer available.
This position is responsible for ensuring that systems and applications are installed, modified, or repaired as required and that minor repairs to desktop computer hardware and software systems are completed as required, and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies.
- Maintains networking operating systems, topologies, security backup recovery systems.
- Monitors and tests networks to ensure maximum operational efficiency and availability of networks.
- Researches new tools and technologies to implement into the technology environment.
- Manages small projects involved with the hardware and software implementation and updates.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Installs, configures, and supports server and client workstations in an active directory domain.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Three (3) years experience and/or training in technical support required.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license and clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter wit the ability to follow up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.