This posting has expired and is no longer available.
This position ensures the efficient, successful and profitable operation of assigned casino location and is responsible for the management and coordination of operations for the Casino Marketing, Casino Games, Slots, Bingo, Hotel, and Operation support functions, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Provides direct oversight for all revenue generating departments and non-revenue generating operational support departments within the assigned casino location.
- Maintains constant awareness of all significant casino operational issues and responds quickly and productively when needs arise.
- Reviews and responds properly to financial statements, by taking necessary corrective and improvement actions, in order to continually improve the financial performance of the assigned casino location.
- Manages all responsibilities in a manner that effectively balances the varying interests and requirements of all gaming, lodging, dining and entertainment operations.
- Effectively balances the sometimes competing interests of revenue growth and guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness, and is available on an "on call" status.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple Directors with varying job duties. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible executive or senior level management experience within a gaming environment required.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest
Interact positively with guest
Listen actively to our guest
Appreciate our guest
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.