This posting has expired and is no longer available.
This position is responsible for ensuring that drop count team members properly handle all gaming & revenue drops and counts according to policy, while also ensuring that count procedures are followed. This position is responsible for safeguarding all cash and chip assets while conforming with internal control policies and standard operating procedures established by the Enterprise, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Maintains confidentiality of drop and count start and end times and the drop routes.
- Performs rapid and accurate counting of currency generated from the gaming Floor such as Slots, Blackjack, Gaming Kiosk, and Retail Bank revenue utilizing high speed transport equipment ensuring the security of funds.
- Prepares file origination and uploads accurate data files for daily cash and TITO ticket records to Revenue Audit using existing gaming system software.
- Ensures that all count equipment is well maintained and cleaned each day.
- Orients and trains and supervises Drop Count Team members on all policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, currency sorting machines and cash handling techniques.
- Monitors all drop and count processes.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises multiple employees on a work shift basis. Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws .
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Three (3) years experience handling large volumes of currency or other negotiable instruments preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience within a cash handling environment preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with cash control concepts and practices .
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows:
Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must have the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment. Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.