This posting has expired and is no longer available.
This position creates effective and improving operations of multiple departments at an assigned casino location that may include, Valet, EVS, Building/Hotel Maintenance, and Landscaping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Establishes effective communications to maintain a constant flow of information downward, upward and laterally, and establishes an atmosphere that ensures a favorable gaming experience for players. Manages internal expectations to include but not limits to technical engineering direction on projects for feasibility, specifications, systems analysis, design reviews, constructions, budget, schedule, quality control processes, commissioning and documentation for continued operations on all facilities.
- Performs daily walk-through (interior and exterior) of casino property identifying, addressing and correcting deficiencies to ensure standards are maintained in facility maintenance and appearance.
- Assists with property needs analysis and make recommendations for corrective measures.
- Coordinates contractor work for maintenance projects and other renovation needs.
- Oversees compliance of OSHA standards related to (but not exclusively) Emergency preparedness, blood borne pathogens, hazard communication, fire extinguishers, lock-out tag-out, personal protective equipment and company safety policies to assure safety of team members and guests.
- Oversees inspections of building and office areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering air circulation, lighting, location and size.
- Performs other special projects and duties assigned.
Directly supervises multiple management and supervisory staff members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a management preferred.
- Eight (8) years facilities management experience preferably within a gaming environment.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible supervisory and management experience.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest
Interact positively with guest
Listen actively to our guest
Appreciate our guest
Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite software. Must possess a valid AZ driver’s license and clean driving record for the past five (5) years. Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment. Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.