This position is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the organization. Assists the CEO in the successful growth of the organization by providing the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and team systems in place to effectively grow the organizational and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Provides direct oversight for assigned revenue generating departments and non-revenue generating operational support departments across all properties.
- Maintains operational responsibility for all assigned General Mangers and Executive Directors in the performance of their job duties and ensures that assigned personnel adhere to and comply with enterprise policies, procedures, standards and applicable governmental regulations.
- Ensures a program of high quality guest service is maintained and monitored throughout assigned areas and actively carried out by all departments and team members.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the organization that mirrors the adopted mission and values of the company.
- Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness and is available on an on-call status.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises multiple senior level executives and directors, Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Master’s Degree in business preferred.
- Eight (8) years of strong operational experience within a gaming environment required.
- Five (5) years in a senior management role required.
- Demonstrated experience in business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, financial management and business analysis with previous experience overseeing gaming, security and facility operations.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
The Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
We Value Diversity!